Thursday, March 19, 2009

Almost five years later...

I was walking around campus with my friend Jessie today when I got a text asking me if I'd like to be in a show. I went to where they were rehearsing on campus, and read part of the script, and when the director told me it's a major part, but only in half the show, I agreed.

So in a few weeks, after almost five years of not being on stage at all, I'll be in a show called Very Nasty Indeed at Hancock Theatre downtown.

This is exciting for a few reasons.

1. I'm a theatre major. This isn't a university show, but it is theatre.

2. It is paid. The house takes a certain percentage of ticket sales, and the rest is split among the actors in the show (this is particularly awesome this time, as the show only has four actors in it).

: ]

I'll get show dates and times up here as soon as I can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very exciting news!

carriegel said...

congratulations!