Sunday, February 24, 2008

A bit about me.

So I left a comment on a friend's blog, regarding a comment someone else left her. More than anything, it was sort of poking fun at the comment's free seemingly amazing advice. This person took it pretty seriously, attacking me, over and over, as a person, after stating I shouldn't comment on anything she says, since I don't know her. I found that interesting.

So I decided to change that. I've kept this pretty tame, mainly because I don't use a blog as a creative outlet (apparently to the disgust of my older sister).

I'm 21 years old. It seems old to me, however, I know it's still very, very young. I liked being 20, though. It was a clean age.

I live in Indianapolis, and love it. I'll miss it greatly when I move this summer. Other cities I love are Detroit (yeeeaaaah, Detroit), NYC, DC, Arlington, and Moncton. I hate Grand Rapids. And Chicago.

I haven't lived in the same city more than a year since I graduated from high school. I think that will be the hardest part of finishing college (finally).

People are always my ultimate priority, often to the dismay of my parents. When it comes to friends, nothing will stand in my way, including resources (money).

I speak a ton of spanish, because a majority of my friends are hispanic, who don't speak a lot of english. Plus, I love other cultures, and I love learning spanish. Spanish gives me what feels like a freedom in speech that english simply does not.

My legal name is Michael, but I've grown to like Mickey much more. And it's what people have started calling me, except at work (except two of my friends at work, who just think it's funny), where I still go by Michael, simply because of professionalism.

McDonald's is my current career, and I see nothing wrong with that, because I am on the inside, I know I make good money, and I know how seriously my job is taken by myself, and others around me. Not to mention, even if I end up doing something else, I don't see the sense in holding myself back from opportunities, if I'm able, and ready to access them.

I have two sisters, whom I adore. We love each other for about ten minutes whenever I see them, before we start arguing, and no doubt, it's always decided I started it.

I love my grandmas. A whole lot. Both for completely different reasons. My paternal grandma and I share a sense of humor only the two of us understand, and we use that to bond (much to the horror of everyone else, who think we're just not getting along). My maternal grandma only wants the best for us, and if that means going half-way across the world, I have no doubt she'll visit, if she's able. Neither understand me, the way I dress, my hair, my piercings, but they don't let it get in the way.

My parents and I have an interesting relationship, but a good one. The farther I live from them, the better we get along. I miss them everyday. I'm excited to live closer to them for a few years, and I hope our relationships only get better.

I'm what my friends refer to as a "crush slut". (Sorry, mom.) Basically meaning I have, get, and end crushes all really quickly (a week, tops).

My friends are my world. The three closest, Emily, Michael, and Joni. I've known Emily and Joni my whole life, and they're completely irreplacable to me. I haven't even known Michael two years, but we became close very quickly. I can't ever say enough good things about those three. Each have helped me in their own ways, several times in my life (even Michael, in the short time I've known him).

I'm cursed with bad diction, a high pitched voice, and I'm pretty metrosexual (if you need a definition, please ask, don't make assumptions...).

I'm smart. Very smart. I learn extremely quickly. I usually can be shown something one time, and I learn it. The reason I never did well in school is because I didn't care about what I was learning.

Music used to be my life, more or less, until about the last year and a half. I just let it go.

I've had four roommates in the past. I've only chosen three. Two girls, and two boys. Two white kids, and two black kids. Three out of the four were good. The only one I didn't pick was the dud. : ]

I support immigration reform. Completely. For several reasons. The two I'll share: I think hispanics, in general, are much better and faster workers. Also, they don't think any job is beneath them.

I love America, but am often tired of how "proud" we are.

I think that's all for now.

&hearts

No comments: